Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Counter in Cotton (Culpepper)

1. Label: The Counter label prohibits the use of Diuron, Cotoran, Caparol, Cotton Pro, Staple, Pyrimax, and Envoke from use when using Counter.

2.  DuPont:  Does not support or recommend the use of Staple following Counter use in cotton.

3.  Culpepper:

A.  I am clueless why this label was brought forward without any real understanding for potential interactions with Counter and several of the most commonly used herbicides in cotton.

B.  I have one study in progress including all of these herbicides; no injury issues so far.
 
C.  Follow the label.

D.  If you have questions call Bob Kemerait (229-392-0498) or Gerald Harrison (229-392-2590) or better yet, give them both a call.

E.  Do not call me about this issue because I really cannot add anything.  Anytime we talk I share data results; however in this case, I have no data so I don’t have anything to say. 

F.  If you are obtaining experiences this season please share those with me so we can begin generating the data that should have been developed before the label was released. 

** For Agents Eyes Only!