Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Replanting Cotton after Using Warrant (Culpepper)

1. Label: There are no preplant restrictions on the label for cotton which means you could apply Warrant anytime prior to planting……or replanting.

2.  Culpepper thoughts:

A. I strongly discourage you from following Monsanto’s preplant label recommendation for Warrant; our data suggests injury from Warrant can be significant if planting to quickly behind a Warrant application.

B. Our data and experiences suggest the following:
No-till into 3 pt Warrant
Strip-till in to 3 pt of Warrant
7 days = 30 to 50% stunting
7 days = 0 to 20% stunting
14 days = 0 to 30% stunting
14 days = no stunting
21 days = no stunting
21 days = no stunting

C.  Things to Consider:

1.  I have no clue how much Warrant is in the planting zone after 4 inches of rain.  If the Warrant is gone then these suggestions are conservative but these results have been consistent over the past 3 years. 

2.  We are developing an irrigation system to help us use research to better understand where herbicides are located in the soil profile and how active they are after varying amounts of rainfall/irrigation have occurred.  This system should be operational for next season’s crop.

3.  I have gotten so many calls about Warrant, I will have several different demos available for viewing on our June 26 tour.

**For Agents Eyes Only!